Sunday, July 02, 2017

Blog Challenge #03: What TV shows are you watching now?

//instagram//
I don't think I ever was a big fan of TV shows, but there are some that are simply awesome. I'm not a patient person, so when I'm watching a TV show I often lose interest and completely forget about the new episode coming out so I usually watch already completed series. Still, there are some I could wait months for and I'd still be interested. 

  American Gods

Since this is the latest TV show I watched, I'm starting with American Gods. As someone who didn't previously read the book, everything is a mystery and I have to wait for every new episode to maybe find out a bit of what's going on or who everyone really is. At this point I know everything is going to connect in a way or another, but I can't really make the connections myself. Still, it is fun trying to do so.

Now that the first season already ended, I am left waiting some more to find out what on earth is going on exactly. Round two of fun is on when the second season comes out.

 Game of Thrones

Just a bit more until the next season of Game of Thrones, so this one is the second TV show I want to talk about. I don't even know what to say about it. I started watching Game of Thrones when the first two seasons were already released, and I got hooked from the first episode. I lost quite some nights of sleep and studying watching GOT, and I don't even regret it. To be completely honest I would have stayed up those nights regardless. 

Every episode of GOT makes me curious about what is going to happen next, and it's damn hard trying to detach so you won't get your heart crushed and stepped on if something bad happens to any of the characters you like. And never, ever have I disliked a TV show character as much as I dislike some of GOT's characters. It is a great show, I recommend it to friends and enemies too. 

  NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service

Or more commonly known simply as NCIS is a TV show that I keep getting back to. I used to watch random episodes on TV when I was little and later, when I realised that you can actually find anything on the internet, I started watching the show from the start. I sometimes watch episode after episode weeks on row, and sometimes I don't watch any for months. I found that this kind of arrangement works really well when it comes to this TV show, I don't get an overdose of NCIS, and it keeps me interested enough. 

The NCIS team is the best team, I like the chemistry between the characters and I like their different personalities. NCIS is a really well made show, and if it kept me hooked for years. 

For me, all these TV shows are interesting and don't bore me in the slightest. Since they are all so different from each other it is also refreshing switching back and forth, maybe throwing a film in between them at times. If you watch these TV shows too, please do tell me what you think about them. I'm excited on hearing opinions. (⌒▿⌒)

4 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of people rave about American Gods, but the idea of it annoys me. Why only american?! It's kind of exhausting and cliche with all of this self-centered american shizz. Like everything and anything happens there? :))) Nah. I'd rather read a book.
    Still, I did enjoy Big Little lies. Quite a feminist series I would say, with a plot twist end. I recommend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get what you're saying, still, I'd recommend the show, it's quite interesting, and despite the title it's not exclusively American. :D

      I will check out Big Little Lies too. Thank you for the recommendation!

      Delete
  2. Keep all the articles coming. I love reading your
    posts. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! I'm glad you enjoy my blog. <3

      Have a nice day/evening!

      Delete