Sunday, July 09, 2017

Blog Challenge #04: What characteristics you admire in people?

// instagram //
I think this might be one of the hardest topics of this challenge. Yeah, it seems simple enough, clearly I didn't think too much about it when I wrote the challenge, but there are so many characteristics that I appreciate that I just don't know which ones to pick. I'm gonna try and make a list of the top five characteristics I admire and also say why I admire them. I hope it won't take me too long to write this.

01. Being open-minded.
With all that's happening around us I'm surprised to see how many people seem to live in some sort of bubble, kind of like a world of their own where everyone has to agree their opinions, where all the things they don't like don't exist, or are not happening near them.

It's really not that hard being open minded, accepting that we are all different, that we feel, act and love differently. I admire open-minded people perhaps the most because even if they don't understand why you did or said something, they accept it as your own choice and don't try to impose when there's really nothing to impose about. As long as you are not hurting anyone, by all means do whatever you feel like doing.

02. Learning from your own mistakes.
We are only humans, we make mistakes, some bigger than others, but every mistake is a lesson. Being able to learn from it is a great thing. Instead of looking for someone to blame, we should want to overcome ourselves and become better.

03. Being kind. 
Kindness is such a rare trait that often a cashier's smile is mistaken as flirting, it's so rare that we actually need video proof that someone did something selfless. It's so weird. Growing up I thought that everyone is kind, but along the years I learned that some people are mean just because. I still can't wrap my head around it, I can't see a purpose or a why. People that can't be kind are the most mind blowing for me. It takes so little to offer someone your hand to cross the street and it makes you feel so good afterwards that I honestly wonder why not more people are doing it. Just imagine how the world could look like if we all showed a bit of kindness.

04. Giving space.
There are some days when I put my phone on silent, take my PC and do whatever without even bothering to check my phone. There are days when I actually don't know where my phone is, so having someone that can understand the need for space is wonderful instead of receiving passive-aggressive texts and whatnot. There isn't always a reason for needing space, so that need might be a bit hard to explain. People that can actually understand it and are able to give you the space you need are some of the best people to have around.

05. Being honest.
Honesty is another trait that seems to be lost when it is so much easier and a lot of unpleasant situations can be avoided by being honest. Honesty is one of those characteristics that take so little, but can take you very far, and I feel like dishonesty is so pointless, it doesn't help anyone, all it does is just messing things up for everyone involved.

Writing this I realised I could actually write more about the type of people I don't like. They are just so many! It's ridiculous! Really, guys, be kind, love yourselves and do whatever floats your boats.
Lots of hugs! ╰(*^︶ ^*)╯

3 comments:

  1. Howdy! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after browsing through many of the articles I realized it's new to me.
    Regardless, I'm definitely pleased I came across it and I'll be book-marking
    it and checking back frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a
    quick shout out and tell you I really enjoy reading your posts.

    Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same topics?
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for the comment, I really appreciate it.

      I don't know a whole lot of blogs dealing with the same topics, but you can check my Blogroll, maybe you'll find something you like.

      Thank you again, and have a great day/evening!

      Delete