Sunday, July 16, 2017

Blog Challenge #05: What's the significance of your blog's name?

// @instagram //
I'm afraid my blog name doesn't have any hidden significance, and it's nothing out of ordinary. Blowing time means exactly that, blowing time. Plain and simple. 

I might have been a tad bit bored when I changed the name of my blog from whatever it was called at first (I'm not sure I remember, but I don't really want to remember either), and just thought about blowing time the same way you blow dandelions, only that I was planning on blowing time with words on top of words because sometimes when I'm writing time seems to just fly away. 

For me the title is pretty straight forward and doesn't really need an explanation, although at one point someone told me they are rather confused by it. When I came up with the title it felt natural and it fits so well that I had no doubt about it.

From the start I planned for my blog to be some place where I can fill my free time, where I can go when I get bored or when I want to do something that feels productive. Back then, same as now, I procrastinate a lot, so I figured a blog would make me procrastinate less (at least).

Actually, if I think about it, I think the initial name of my blog contained the word blog (very original), and toxic. That name is cringe worthy and I honestly don't know what I was thinking when I made it up, so Blowing time is actually an upgrade, and I feel it's way better than the original.

I have to be honest, I was expecting this post to be longer. What can you do, huh? ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if it's just me or if everybody else experiencing issues with your blog.
    It appears like some of the text on your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please
    provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them as well?
    This could be a issue with my internet browser because I've had this happen before.
    Kudos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! This might be an issue on your end. I use % scale on my blog, not px so this shouldn't be happening. I'm afraid I can't help since I'm not even sure how to explain the scale thing. Hope you can fix it.

      Have a nice day/evening!

      Delete